Visiting several different places to meet people who fit into our target audience and doing interviews with them.
Some places refused to do interviews, but some places were really opened up to us and told us about what they think.
Interviews were conducted with employees as well as employers.
- B&A provides free training service and tests to the customers(learners).
- Since B&A is a start-up and doesn't have enough budget, have partnership with WorkSource to open the test.
- Customers have to pass the test and get hired by B&A.
- B&A is subcontracted by companies and they offer full-time job to employees(B&A customers).
- B&A gets paid from companies, B&A takes certain percentage of the payment and customers get paid by B&A
For the last mid-fidelity wireframes, color and visual elements were applied. However, through user testings, the results were that visual elements and colors are catching user's eyes and leading them what to see. After, we realized that we shouldn't be hurry to start visual designing, so we went back to greyscale.
After the greyscale wireframes, I worked on what can be the visual direction for the next step. These days, visual effects like animated effects are very important, how we can use those visual effects and make it interactive is important especially for a lot of interface design. However, our target research shows that for a lot of these low-income people, they don’t have a computer or even mobile phones, and also the average age is not too young so I decided not to add too much visual effects that requires high level of interaction for our target unless those actually help our user to have better understanding of interface.
Based on interview insight, our target audience don’t know how to start and they are worried to start the new thing. B&A encourge them to believe themselves and it’s an important first step. B&A is always there with customers to help them not to give up during training period and help them to step up to their goal.